Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Heartbreaking Reality

The following testimony was shared with us by one of the APEN workers in the Aliados project, who worked in one of the major cities in Baja California.
Wednesday afternoon, while doing open air evangelism with the wordless book, I came upon a black car. The man inside had a hardened look on his face. Beside the car was a little girl about seven years old standing with her head down. Her face reflected fear, pain, and desperation.
I asked the man if I could talk to the girl, and with his permission I started to share the wordless book. With tears in her eyes, she listened intently.
Just as I was about to ask her if she wanted to receive Jesus as her savior, another car pulled up and a man, about thirty years old, got out and gave money to the man in the car. Another man got out, quickly came up to the little girl, took her by the hand, and began to lead her back to the car.
I didn’t know what to do. I looked into her face that was full of fear and hurt, gave her a big hug, and she hugged me back. I filled with anger but I could do nothing, and I said, “Pray now!” “Ask Jesus to help you and to come into your heart.” With that, the men took the little girl. Please pray that God will save Yahaira

No comments:

Post a Comment